Saturday 17 September 2011

Yash Dogra_BLP054_Self Leadership_Sep’11


The general definition of Leadership is the process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task and Inspired leadership means the leadership from within or self leadership. I had a generic understanding of these definitions but never knew the different impacts and meanings. But Anil Sir’s session on self leadership made me think deeply to introspect myself.
The session by Anil sir in the beginning of our SOIL journey was one of the wonderful experiences in SOIL. The exercise in which we have to disclose our guilt in front of fire was highly impactful. It helped me to expel the negative energy. An inspired leader must be free from all sort of negative energies and I feel this exercise was meant for that. The exercise of looking into eyes was again an experience which let me understand how we can communicate without speaking a word. This is an art which cannot be inculcated in a day but it was a very good start. The next exercise involving listening skills in which we have to listen to other person and respond accordingly is for building relationships and made me understand the importance of listening first to others. When another person is speaking and you your are paying full attention, helps to understand each other very well as the other person also feels the connect. The session in a whole was an awesome experience and it was very helpful in the journey to introspect myself.
Few days back we again got a chance to have Anil sir’s self leadership session. Our expectation from Anil sir had become more after many interactions with him and he superseded it by asking us to explore “Why it is difficult to change”. I thought one of the issues which I usually feel that I can’t change it but the approach given by Anil sir to overcome the issue was very much structured and helpful to resolve it. First of all we should be clear what we want to achieve in our life and where exactly we are heading. The basic questions that must come to us should be, am I doing the right thing to achieve that, am I putting the right effort and am I putting the right time to achieve my target. Then we should understand the difficulties that we are facing and what are the obstacles in the path of our success or achieving the goal. Then we should recognize the reason behind these obstacles. We have to introspect ourselves to know exactly what are these obstacles and the challenges. But if we explore this deeply, we found out that there are some assumptions which we had made and these assumptions are hampering our efforts to achieve our goal. This whole structured way to understand an issue and to make ways to resolve it is an excellent way and a helpful solution to the issue that we find very difficult to change. After this we had a healthy discussion on general issues like terrorism. Different people have different approaches but we must have a peaceful solution to this issue.
All these session are wonderful opportunities to introspect ourselves and I strongly feel that an inspired leader must have these skills to take right decisions through structured approach to overcome the different and difficult situations in the journey of life. I would like to thank Anil sir for giving us such a wonderful experience and sessions and I feel great to be a part of a SOIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment