Saturday 17 September 2011

Shailesh Jain_BLP007_Self Leadership_Sep’11




Anil Sir, explained us that the most important trait a person can have is Attitude. It’s his/her ability to learn and work hard which creates the difference. Few questions were given by Anil Sir to introspect ourselves. The questions were: Am I putting enough efforts to achieve my goals? Am I using the gifts which god has given me?  Once the introspection is over we have to discuss the answers with our partner.

Sir told us a very interesting story about the Fire Walk. It was done by people to remove their biggest fear which they hold deep insight them. People from Africa come there to organize this Fire Walk. All the people who come there to experience it have to clear their heart and should not force others to walk on the fire. People should make fire as their friend then only they will be able to walk over it. Sir, gave example of one lady who insisted her husband to walk on fire but her husband refused as he was afraid. But the lady because of her ego entered into the fire with anger and got burned as she was carrying some pain in her heart. So your heart should be clean if you want to experience it.        

Another set of thought provoking questions were:  who are the people in my life that matters for me? Listing down the needs which I want to serve for them? How can I leverage my values and gifts to serve it? While I was trying to find the answer of these questions; I got to know that finding purpose of your life is the most difficult thing to do.  One should be aware that the biggest leaded is the biggest follower as he is trying to follow his purpose of life. I also got to know definition of work that is “work is love made visible”.

Anil Sir has taken us thru concept of HABIT and first time I got to know that HABIT is actually acronym of Heart, Add, But, Igo and Transformation. It’s like you wanted to change something from bottom of your heart but you were unable to do so. There is addition of some elements where your brain also tells you to give the bad habit which is there in you and you also wanted to give up. But the body resist, for e.g.  If someone want to give up cigarette his heart and brain tells him to give up cigarette but the body resist. After this Ego = Igo comes into picture. If someone is able to let go all Heart, Add, But, Igo then only T is left which actually is Transformation.

After this exercise we went thru immunity X-ray. The first part of which is finding out the aspect which I need to change? It is the problem which I am facing and which I really need to change as that hindering my efficiency and productivity. The next question in this exercise was what should I do not do in this aspect? After this I have to find out the Hiding competing commitment which is basically finding the reason that I am doing this? What is reason behind it? After going thru these three questions we have to note down the assumptions which are giving rise to hidden competing commitment? Till these questions I have found out the problem which is hindering my efficiency and the reason for it. But the next question how I can overcome these assumptions which are giving rise to hidden competing commitment is the solution for all the problems which were refined by starting four questions. Via immunity X-ray I was able to find the problem which I am facing and what I should do to resolve it.

The session was full of insight and motivating. It helped me not only to find the problem but the real root cause as well as the solution for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment