Saturday 17 September 2011

Ashutosh Mantry_BLP047_Self Leadership_Sep'11

Leadership as it is about managing yourself first before teaching others. Self leadership is about your own personal leadership.Following are useful while laying the foundation of Self Leadership:
What is the purpose of my life?
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, and to have it make some difference that you have lived well.
We all have a meaning why we are here and what is my contribution towards my society. We need to connect ourself with life.
Where my focus is?
I used to ask myself a simple question whenever I was worried that I was going to be mastered by some particular sinful act.  I would ask myself “What’s my motivation?”  I would try to remind myself that, if my motivation was coming from a sinful desire, then the thing was I about to do was going to be sinful.  That little act has helped me a lot, but to be honest with you, it hasn’t always stopped me from doing things I knew I shouldn’t.  Sometimes I would ask myself this, and I would give myself the answer “because I want to…”  And that’s pretty hard to argue with, especially when you’re arguing with yourself.
Learn to live in reality:
Learning to live in sacred reality involves orienting toward God at all times.  Such orienting is like breathing.  It becomes natural, intrinsic to one’s moment to moment experience, dependable, and not something one has to think about in order to come back to.  This, however, is not the way it often is during the long trajectory of learning and healing that takes place for most souls as they let go of separation and reclaim their Divine heritage.  For most, there is a period of leaving sacred reality, then returning to it, then leaving again, and then returning, and this back and forth motion becomes a teacher for the self seeking greater awareness.  The very movements back and forth teach greater constancy over time.  Although such departures may cause distress and because they cause distress, awareness grows concerning how to remain more faithful, how to remain more steady.
Learn the skill of learning and be Mindful:
Learning continuously and change are keywords in Business and in self life also. Be flexible and rejuvenate self and you will find yourself happier. Change is a challenge thrown at us to test the immunity of being human. Mindfulness is the mother of all pillars, it is absolute impossible to learn if you are not mindful. Live in present to change the future. According to Earon Davis “The practice of mindfulness begins in the small, remote cave of your unconscious mind and blossoms with the sunlight of your conscious life, reaching far beyond the people and places you can see.
Learn to Love:
 It’s the most powerful energy that creates and transforms. “Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved, we love to love.”



No comments:

Post a Comment