Saturday 17 September 2011

Ananthan Purushothaman_HRLP017_Self Leadership_Sep'11

The leadership session was a wonderful session filled with insights, and as always it was an enlightening experience. SOIL does live upto the expectations of nurturing values. I am surprised at the changes that are happening within me, without me taking a conscious effort 
towards it.

The first session of the leadership session was taken by Snehal Shah mam and Suzi mam. The whole theme was based on how to relieve oneself from stress, and to find the reason for stress. We were made to look into ourselves and identify certain traits which were tell tale signs for a person being under stress. Luckily, from the assessment I realized that I didn't fall under the too stressed category. Then the session with Suzi mam filled the auditorium with a positive energy and there was a feeling of freedom, as if I was now free. She made us laugh, dance and move around like kids. After a little inhibition, the mind gave away and heart ruled over. Everyone became spontaneous. I and many others were in such a state of joy and peace, that it was hard to get angry at someone, when we were told to think of a person we dislike.

Basically I learnt that worries and tensions are like birds. We can't stop them from flying near us, but we can stop them making a nest in our mind.

The afternoon session was taken over by Anil sir. As always it was very thought provoking, and forced us to introspect on various aspects. The main teaching was ‘Immunity to change’. Everyone has an inner urge to change but somehow, things don’t fructify when efforts are taken in this direction. The reasons were pondered upon. The main reason why a person is reluctant to change is because the person innately enjoys being the same person, but from the outside lives in an illusion by thinking that there is a force pushing him to change. This is because, the change that a person decides to bring in himself can happen right now at this very moment, if he is willing to.

One of the things that I would like to change in myself is to give up the habit of procrastination. But the question is ‘Do I really want to change?’. Every time an assignment/task is given to me I think of listening to music or go out with friends and put off the thought of the task at hand. Actually I enjoy procrastinating. I enjoy doing things at the last moment. I realize that the inner will to change is not there within me. So how can the change happen?

Now, what should I do to overcome this desire to procrastinate and bring in urgency? I should realize that the true purpose for my stay at SOIL is to learn. The efforts and the time should not go in vain. I realize that now. I am looking forward to making use of every single moment here in SOIL. I am looking forward to being sincere to myself and justify my learning’s at SOIL. I am changing now, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment