Saturday 17 September 2011

Rahul Chintamaneni_BLP063_Self Leadership_Sep'11


Friday 9th September 2011, it was my first Anil sir's class. It was a whole day session on "Self Leadership." One more reason for SOIL, right I know this place is different. Though I missed the self-leadership session during the induction week, I was confident that I will be able to relate myself in this session.

We started with learning “How to learn." We all are learners & learn new things every day in our life. However, learning how to learn was really different. Steps is this learning process are.
1. Being Mindful
2. Having Right attitude
3. Right Effort
4. Introspection - Using my gifts.

As we went on with the session on self-leadership, one question made me think really hard, “What is the purpose of My Life?" Purpose of my life is something I never thought in my life. I came to know the importance of being connected to the source and know the purpose of life. This session enabled me to realise my higher purpose of life and ask some very basic questions to myself. The very first question that came to my mind was that I am clear of what my higher purpose of life is and what I want.

Few questions which helped me in answering questions for myself are.

1. People that matter to me.
2. It needs that I want to serve.
3. How can I leverage my values & gifts to serve the needs?

Frankly, I’m still not clear with the answer, but I’m sure this question raised by anil sir & the time I have spent to answer will take me to the right direction.


With so many questions on my mind, we had our lunch break. However, post lunch session was the most exciting part of the day. I had a slight hint of what was going to happen, as I had a discussion with my roommate a night before about the workshop. He has warned me with the same phrase used by anil sir “Strictly for the people above 40."

Immunity X-ray

This is an effective tool created by DrRobert Kegan to make them understand “Why people resist changing?” and the pathway to bring upon the change. Every individual was asked a series of questions, and the answers led to the construction of a complete personal map where one could know the various assumptions, and beliefs one was holding on to and which in turn hindering the change which he/she wanted to see in himself.

Steps in the Immunity x ray are.

1. Habit to be changed/cultivated.
2. What am I doing now?
3. Hidden competing commitment
4. Assumptions
5. How to get rid of my own assumptions


Fifth step was an addition by Anil sir from the original framework of four steps. This whole workshop on immunity X ray will help me in changing my habits.

I am sure that sessions like these probe me to contemplate about myself & help me to Focus on Focus. Looking forward to such exciting sessions by anil sir in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment