Saturday 17 September 2011

Abhinav Kumar_BLP021_SelfLeadership_Sep'11

Self-Leadership!
Sounds very interesting as a subject and even more interesting if it is going to be taught by Anil Sir. I was eagerly waiting for the session and finally the day arrived when I along with my classmates got the opportunity to re-discover ourselves.

The day started with re-visit to the first Self-Leadership class during our induction week. I thought that there were many things which had ignited passion within everyone during the induction process in SOIL but somewhere we have lost the same spark. Every time I listen to Anil Sir, I get charged up to take on more responsibilities and go ahead for any cause with more passion and vigor. Anil Sir started asking some intriguing questions like "What is my attitude?", "Are there any habits which are preventing me to learn?","Am I putting enough effort?". All these questions made me think about the priorities in my life in terms of study as well as personal life. 

I have learnt the power of Appreciative Inquiry. It is unbelievably a magical tool which can make any person comfortable with any person even on a first talk. Then Sir taught about the power of Purpose in one's life. It is the purpose to which one should adhere to and keep trying to achieve one's goals. "The biggest Leader is the biggest Follower", is really true as I have always tried to improve myself by learning at least one good quality from everyone whom I interact with. This thought in me got even more firm by listening to Anil Sir. When we were asked to write about the people who matter the most, their needs and how can we serve them, I felt very guilty when I found out that I am not able to give enough time to the people who matter the most to me. I made a resolution to give enough time to my family and friends even if I am busy with several other things.


I also discovered what I have always kept somewhere in my sub-conscious mind that I have a wish to work in the education sector, giving quality education to young children of India and thus work for nation building. I will definitely work towards this passion as I had enjoyed giving training in TCS. "When you are inspired by higher purpose, strange things begin to happen to you and you discover many qualities which you were not aware of.", is very important quote by Patanjali, which is the greatest observation one can make. It is really a wonderful approach towards learning the power of 'Purpose Calling'.








The learning from "Immunity to Change" book and idea made me realize that there are something which I always try to change but am not able to do so because of some hidden competing commitment and assumptions. It was a great learning experience to introspect with such deep impact. I have now started taking out some time out of daily routing to introspect about my studies, responsibilities and work-life balance. All the more, it is always a pleasure listening to Anil sir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment