Saturday 17 September 2011

Siddhartha Anand_BLP025_Self Leadership_Sep'11

“One thing is for sure that you will meet yourself when you come to SOIL”, said one of my classmates from my engineering college who also graduated from SOIL this year. At that moment of time, I wasn’t really sure what he meant, after all, the cynical half of my brain suggested me to doubt anything which gave a slightest hint of questioning myself. I was pretty amazed to feel what my friend had said in the first self-leadership class. The session to me was spiritually exonerating. I have always felt that within myself there is a side of me, which definitely is my alter ego, and which is always morally right but my conscious self has always been shy of acknowledge its presence. The first session with Anil Sir facilitated the rendezvous between those two sides. The first session included an exercise in which we had to offer our guilt to fire. Confessing that I have not been a perfect son, friend or a boyfriend, I had a lot to offer to the fire. And the exercise was very satisfying. First session also included an exercise in which everyone had to list down the persons who were most important to us and what would we do to fulfil their dreams. There is one thing to know what extent you would go to fulfil their dream but to write that down in black and white takes a lot of courage.
In the next session, which was conducted on September 8th, my biggest take away remained understanding the meaning of the word 'habit'. When the letter ‘h’ was removed ‘abit’ still remained. When ‘a’ was removed ‘bit’ still remained. Eventually when ‘b’ was removed ‘it’ remained. Anil Sir explained that if there is an unconditional love for someone you dearly love, the love acts as an impetus for us to overcome this habit. I supplemented this explanation with the theory of personal determination. There is always a peak in the dumb-bell shaped labyrinth of bad habits which needs to be scaled in order to conquer the menace.  Another exercise was more of a finding the root cause of the problem that engulfed us by asking five “why’s”.  
Towards the end of the session on Sep 8th we had a session which emphasized on Immunity X ray exercise. This technique helped us to gauge our current effort and the course of action taken to achieve our desired results. But that was always with a pre-requisite, the will within us after we decide to change. At times when the desired results are not achieved it shows what should be done to achieve the same.
It was that day when I believed and I trusted in the mission and vision of college whole heatedly.” If there is god then atheism will seem to him more of an insult than religion.
In a nut shell, those two classes were really soul invigorating sessions for me. It brought home the fact that the road to knowing myself better has been identified by me; the only daunting task that remained was discovering my inner strengths to the fullest potential to make my journey of live a hell of a ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment