Saturday 17 September 2011

Pradeepan N_MLP020_Self Leadership_Sep’11


Another intellectual day at SOIL. After almost three months from the time we had our first leadership series, we had the second leadership series of the course. The day began with a session by Ms. Snehal Shah and Ms. Susie on stress management. Only on that day, I have identified my stress level and also got some remedies to cope up and reduce the stress. We came to know about the different quadrants of stresses and some of the symptoms by which I can understand, weather I am under some kind of stress or not. Latter during the second session, we all practiced some of the breathing exercise and then laughter therapy. During interaction with peers, I came to know that even being without stress is his stress. At the end of laughter exercise, I felt more relaxed and free from stress. After that day, I started regularly doing some of the methods taught to reduce the stress level in our self, and it’s helping me very much and also apart from the fact of boosting my self confidence.
During the second half of the day, Anil sir took the session on self leadership. The session started with revision of some of the questions discussed during the last leadership series in May this year. Some of those questions are

1, What is your purpose in life?
2, Who matters to you?
3, What are their needs you want to serve?
4, Values you will never compromise?
5, How will I use the power?
6, What I have done till now?

These were the questions, which we discussed during our first leadership series in the moth of May this year. Though we all figured out how to move forward with time to achieve our purpose in life, the progress made by us towards realizing our goal is very minimal. When analyzing, we found that it’s due to our immunity to change. These are the reasons why we are unable to bring the change we need to bring in our lives.
Latter, he introduced as the tool called Immunity X-ray. It’s a tool used to find why people are immune to change, Just as the name explains, it has clearly shown me the characteristics or traits of me which are not allowing me to make the changes I desire to make.  It basically consists of these questions,

1, One thing I want to change?
2, Do I want to change?
3, What I not want to do?
4, Reason why people don’t change is, there is a hidden competing commitment?
5, Mental assumptions?

These are the questions which looked so simple to me, but when I started finding answer for each of these questions, I found the toughness of these basic questions. We started to find answers for these questions during the session itself. It took me a complete day to figure out the core beliefs or habits which are the not allowing me to change myself. I believe that, now I can easily do the change I want to do. I am eagerly looking forward for the third leadership series.

No comments:

Post a Comment