Saturday 17 September 2011

Ankita Kulshreshtha_HRLP030_Self Leadership_Sep'11

Ankita_Kulshreshtha_2012HRLP030_SELF LEADERSHIP_Sep’11
The thought provoking session on ‘Self Leadership’ by our inspired leader Mr. Anil Sachdev was quite awaited. I am somehow able to connect immensely to things that are preached by him.it is like the moment he sees into your eyes and speaks, your soul is elevated to the zenith.
The session started with the insightful session on ‘Stress Management’ by Snehal ma’am and Susie ma’am. The analogy of an Inspired Leader with an aeroplane that is taking off by Snehal ma’am was just fantastic. We talked about the causes of stress and the fatal consequences with the cognitive system, emotional symptoms, physical symptoms and behavioural systems that start eroding you without your permission. I literally realised the way I was destroying myself through constantly stressing myself. Probably I would not have realised had this session not been there. We then talked about my learning goals at SOIL.I realized that I had a very clear learning goal to come to SOIL….at the end of one year I just want to go with the content that at least I had attempted to leverage my gifts to be a better human being and worked on my weaknesses, which I am quite confident achieve.
Yes of course the foundation to inculcate zeal to change ourselves was already laid when Anil sir paced up with the session. I was truly amazed with my self-exploration that my ‘Want’ to change and my ‘Need’ to change were not in perfect harmony. There was absolute imbalance between my heart (soul) and my body. We as human beings just desire to change ourselves realizing our weaknesses but do we really strive to make that change happen. My actual behaviour is definitely opposed to my intentions to change.
We were all been examined with the ‘IMMUNITY XRAY’ just to answer do we really need to make a difference to ourselves. We really develop a ‘resistance to change’ at the innermost level where pitches the concept of ‘Hidden competing commitment’.
I was proud to state myself flexible in maintaining relationships with others, but was quite taken aback when I explored that I was totally inflexible in managing relationship with my inner self. Unconsciously I had developed the resistance at the innermost level to the change I ‘want’ to make.
Things really happen when there is complete harmony between your ‘Need to change’ at the intellect level, ’Need to change’ at the heart level and ‘Need to change’ at the body level. At many instances we want to change because our mind(intellect) directs us , but our soul (heart) sojourns us and we end up failing in our attempt to change ourselves(body level).
Root causes for hidden competing commitments are the mental assumptions that we make that should ideally be surmounted with logics.
I sometimes react to people on discussions where I feel my set of values are been violated. I really want to change myself for it. I have been making sincere attempts to work on it through suggestions from my mentor, but could not really succeed to an extent .I started rating the happenings on a scale of 1 to 10 and decided to ‘let it go’ if it scored less than 5.Today I truly envisaged from this session that I have a hidden competing commitment that I feel my set of values are always right .I am proud to state my hidden aspect through this blog that probably I had denied myself ever. I believe that a successful man dies at his best. I am largely indebted to Anil sir for such an insightful session and hope this journey to introspect through his sessions is never ending…

No comments:

Post a Comment