Saturday 17 September 2011

Janmaijai Dhyani_BLP037_Self Leadership_Sep11

I came to SOIL with 2 beliefs.
1)      This is a different college and it has opened a new horizon of learning.
2)      This college can make me a better person in all prospects.
My assumptions changed into reality once I attended first session of Self Leadership. Anil Sir talked about different aspects of self, thinking on which is imperative for being truly inspired leaders.  Anil Sir discussed about the 6 layers of self and how we can amplify our results through them. He made us perform an exercise; its purpose was to make us appreciate the predicament of other person. It was a simple exercise but very impactful. I learnt how compassion is important in our life and it is very important to relate with other person by listening to other with ears of a child.
From that days exercise I understood one most important thing that unconditional love is very important to be a successful leader. I will put it like this that a person who has unconditional love for people becomes a successful leader.
This was followed by an exercise where we were supposed to think upon few questions. The questions were as: Who are the most important people in your life, what do you want to change in this world, what are the things you would like to change in this world? This gave me an insight of what I want from my life and how I can use my skills to achieve it. This exercise helped me to make a future map for my goals.
In another exercise (One of its kind) Sir told us how to conquer fear. He gave us examples from his life and from other peoples life with whom he has been associated. I understood one thing that fear arises from perception of a person about himself. It is the inability in us which hinders our performance and subsequently the outcome. If I can modify myself (Inner self) then everything is possible.
Problem arises with a subconscious immunity which we have developed during a course of period which hinders the effort we make to change. We need to recognize the hidden factor behind it. This can be done by understanding our own inner self. Once we have a complete control over it then it will be easier to peruse our goal.
One most important learning for me was that, “It is important to have love for the cause for which one inspires”. Without immense love for the cause it will be unsustainable and if there is love then any outside force cannot stop the success of that cause. Love gives soul to a cause. It is important to understand ones skills and strengths and use them to achieve the goal.
One thing still resonates in my mind that a cause or a goal might seem unachievable but it is the love and strength of efforts which makes it achievable. I truly believe that it was a wise decision to join Soil and equally was the enriching experience to hear Anil Sir. I believe in his values and I am looking forward to more of his classes as it gives clarity about my goals.    

No comments:

Post a Comment