Saturday 17 September 2011

Abhimanyu Chhikara_MLP013_Self Leadership_Sep’11


To start with, I feel bad as due to some unavoidable circumstances I was not able to attend this session by Anil sir. His sessions, speeches and ideas have always been very inspiring for me. I have always found his every word motivating, inspiring and fruitful.
As I have not attended this session I would be now talking about the previous sessions and learning that I had from the self leadership classes. When I applied for the Marketing Leadership Program at SOIL, I heard a lot about leadership practices and the five pillars that are followed at SOIL. Initially I was a bit skeptic about what I heard because this is something that everybody talks about but very few of them follow. But as soon as I joined SOIL, It was very clear to me that I made a right choice. I still remember my first class with Anil sir, in which we were not able to figure out that how the time flew away. That was the first time when I meditated; it gave me immense pleasure and inner peace. I also learned that we should have control on our senses and how can we make ourselves improve as a person. “It is the hard work that pays” I have now realized the meaning of these lines. It has been just three months and I and people who know me have started seeing changes in me. These could appear to be miniscule to others but I find them relevant and big enough as a starting of the transformation. These small changes include not littering here and there, not wasting water, electricity, understanding your part towards the society etc. Sometimes I wonder that after completion of this course I would be completely changed.
There are many leaders around us, it is only just that we need to identify them. They could be our colleagues, teachers or our parents. Leadership is all about the continuous learning and devoting yourself towards helping others and your community unconditionally. Also after Anil sir’s lecture I have found the concept of unconditional love very true. If you help or love somebody unconditionally you would never be betrayed or hurt.
I found out with some of my friends that what was discussed in the class. It was that the leadership comes only after self realization. We need to know ourselves first then only we could be of some help to others. Also I came to know that still we people have been following wrong practices, which could prove to be great hindrances in the way of leadership. So I have now decided that I myself wouldn’t even think of doing those again and will also stop others if I find them doing. At the end I just want that each one of us should discover the leaders inside us and make SOIL Proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment