Sunday 8 January 2012

Manu Malhotra_BLP036_About_Myself_Oct'11


On a typical day if you were to ask me, who am I? I would simply say I am Manu! ‘Manu’ actually symbolizes initiation of life on earth. And to be honest I love initiating things and with my perseverance I take the initiatives to their course.

I am deeply committed to my values in life because I strongly believe unshakeable self-confidence only comes from unshakeable commitment to values. I love helping and genuinely appreciating others. Bringing back pride to India in my own unique ways is my dream. Some words that define me are passionate, self-motivated, innovative, persevering, courageous & trustworthy. At times I ask myself - Why do I work hard? Why do I always stretch myself? The answer to this question has a lot to do with my grooming and teachings imparted to me by my parents. Well, the answer is simple and complex in many ways.  Simply putting - I work hard to add value to myself. And, in that process I tell myself - be patient, enjoy the journey and be HAPPY! Because that is what actually counts! Being HAPPY is not a choice but an only option which I must take. Learning and exploring new avenues is what Manu in me enjoys day in and day out.
But where will this, take me to? Where am I going? What is it that I am trying to achieve? I have some very simple goals and commitments on four fronts - family, health, career, financial and spiritual, in that order of preference. I keep them close to myself. Unequivocally, I am chasing them big time. And not to forget, I keep telling myself - Manu be happy while you take big leaps, be patient when you have to walk and enjoy this ride of self contentment. “No moment that has just gone by will ever come back again” has been my one key learning in life. Thus, I truly believe in living and cherishing little moments of togetherness.
But, does it really matter? And if it does, why is it so important? Yes, it is extremely important because it gives me and my loved ones immense happiness. The stakes are really high, I have expectations from myself and I am competing with none else but myself. By living this promise I will stand tall in my own eyes.
And then there are social commitments as well that I wish to fulfil.
Now the very last question, how can I leverage who I am to reach where I am going? The answer is uncomplicated - By believing in my abilities, being patient and by acknowledging & appreciating the very fact that I am honestly striving to make it happen. My mom always says – “keep working hard, whatever you are destined to get, no one else can take it away from you. Thou shall get it!” Hence the key is keeping stretching, keep working hard and love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment