Sunday 22 January 2012

Janmaijai Dhyani_BLP037_Self Leadership_Sep’11

Consulting class with Anil sir brings new dimensions to my thinking, but this time I was surprised. Anil sir evaluated McKenzie candidates in a completely new way. As consultants we were supposed to take his interview and were supposed to ask him questions regarding a consulting assignment.

Once we were through the process and were given feedback, I realised that how important is to get into the skin of a customer and ask the right questions which brings clarity.   He also discussed the importance of building a context.

I was wondering that why had he asked us to read Chapter 9 & 10 from the book flawless consulting while he was discussing totally different topic of consulting.

I was to be surprised again when during the interview he asked me a question from 9th chapter. I was lucky to know the answer. 
  
The second half of the day became more interesting when a financial plan of Soil for new campus was given to us and we had to analyse the case. One important learning from it was that different financial parameters have to be considered before accepting any plan. This exercise gave me an opportunity to practice what I had learnt in my finance class.
Looking forward to more of Anil sir’s classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment