Wednesday 11 January 2012

Aparna Chowdhry_BLP040_Self Leadership_10Jan’12


The contemplation I did after the Self Leadership Class yesterday, made me plot the given plan for myself:

My caliper report states that I am weak in area of Managing relationships, with low score in sociability and gregariousness. After, the Self Leadership class today, I have decided to pay keen attention to these and turn things around. My strengths, especially Idea orientation and flexibility will help me in this endeavor.  Instead of keeping my ideas to myself, which I usually do, I will make an attempt to share the points with like-minded people and seek their opinion. Being flexible will help me mold my thoughts according to relevant inputs received and in this process build comradeship and good relations.

A few years down the road, I see myself as a well-rounded leader who knows people around her and is a good connect between different departments of an organization. I am sure that leveraging my strengths and working on my weaknesses will help me perform better. I will not only be able to do justice to the role but will contribute to the benefit of the organization.

To achieve this fate, I have planned to start interacting with people and sharing stories and ideas more often. I will work on being more proactive in my approach where meeting and greeting people is concerned. Added to this, I will stop keeping aloof and shying away from the crowd. I have to mingle and be a part of the troop. I also intend to focus on improving execution by developing my urgency level. For this I plan to read the life stories and work dynamics of great leaders like Steve Jobs, Jack Welsh et al. and learn from them. This is how I plan to inculcate the fundamentals of Self Leadership in myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment