Tuesday 10 January 2012

Amit Puri_BLP013_Self Leadership_10Jan'12

It has been rightly said that when God closes a door, he makes sure that there is always another one open out there, somewhere. And same is applicable to us, when we are short of something, there is always something within us which is complementary to the shortcoming. Congratulations! you can become what you always wanted to be. 

The only thing which is to be known of is what is high in us and what is low. For todays exercise I considered 'Urgency' among my low point areas, which I think has been a root cause to many more problems. It's easy to fix it, just that you have to live consciously your present, practice mindfulness, gradually getting into a habit of doing everything as if your life depends upon it; I have been trying hard and to an extent I really have improved my sense of urgency. What made me win over it was the fact that I accepted that I had this problem. The faster you unlearn, the faster will you learn.

Having this fixed I think, I will be able to put most of the things in place. Because I lacked the sense of urgency I would usually loose control over certain thing and consequently loose concentration and interest in the subject/matter. This would eventually look like 'I lack determination'. And because I have concern about deadlines, so by the time I start pushing things, I'd be standing closer to the deadline and thence get frustrated because I landed up doing 100 things altogether.

To a greater extent I am lucky and happy that I have recognized what I need to work on and I am at the same time aware of fruitful outcomes this fixture will bring in. Which will in long run not only enable me to achieve what I wish for, but also assist me in surprising myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment