Sunday 22 January 2012

Anupam Tomar_BLP031_Self_Leadership_10_Jan'12

Strengths of a person gives him the confidence to deal with situations in which he struggles to express himself/herself. The sheer power of inner belief to see through a tough phase makes a person mentally strong & often is a differentiator between achievers & those who yearn to achieve something meaningful.

Over the years two of my strength determination to achieve my goals has helped me to see through some tough phases and has contributed in improving my weakness of not being resilient and giving up soon.This has improved me as a person & will also play a key role in developing my core competencies.

As a result of the improvements made, i have been able to connect with people in an improved way thus developing stronger friendships/ work relations & it has improved my thought procedure also. After leveraging my strengths, i would like to have a strong and a wide network of peers / friends for generating employment opportunities especially for those who suffer with disabilities but are capable enough to develop employable skills thus contributing in the development of the society. To do this, i have started networking with people who are knowledgeable in their respective fields & are compassionate for developing the society. I have identified few people from my workplace, some from my college and i look forward to meet more people who will add value to me, contribute in increasing my knowledge, develop my thought process and over a longer period of time, aid in the cause i would like to pursue.

In order to improve myself and absorb the good points, i need to control things because of which tme goes by and the same can be utilised more effectively for self development. I think i need to spend less time in analysing things as at times it leads to overanalysis of a situation because of which more time is wasted in repeated analysis of a situation or an upcoming event. To improve this, i will start looking at and doing things in a step by step manner. This approach will not divert my attention by looking at the bigger picture every time. Thus i will use my time more constructively and also this will take care of my worrying too much about any future event

No comments:

Post a Comment