Sunday 22 January 2012

Manjesh Kumar Bharati_BLP046_Consulting_Entrepreneurship


I was born and brought up in a business family in a small town of West Bengal. Having seen my father run a business from close quarters, there was always a desire in me to set up something of my own. The decision making involved, the risks associated, the trials & tribulations and the victories all attracted me and therefore I had always looked up to my father as a role model and always aspired to be an entrepreneur myself. The most fascinating aspect that attracted me to own a business is the cause that was associated with the business. We were running the business for our own well being however there was a huge community that was getting served by our operation. They were earning their daily bread and butter by working with us. The business that we owned it was impacting our lives in a better way but at the same time there was huge impact on the other people lives who were associated with us. I was closely associated with those people and I used to interact with them very often. They used to share their happiness, joy and sorrow with me whenever I am around. I witnessed how a smallest thing can impact other lives in a big way and raise their standard of lives. They were able to send their children to school and built there house with concrete instead of leaving in a muddy house. Moreover I saw my father helping needy people with money with an intention to raise them in their lives and providing support to open new businesses. These other aspect of the business touched me very early in my life and  I decided that one day I will create a business model or environment that  will not only serve the purpose of well being of people who are associated with me but that will have a positive impact on other people lives. It should enable other to grow and enable them to increase their standard of lives as well create new opportunities for others.

As I visualize myself as an entrepreneur I see a man with huge amount of responsibilities. A man with sense of ownership and decision making ability. A man who is thinking about stakeholders well being as well as how to grow the business and serve the customers in a better way. A person who has the control over his time and has the ability and authority to distribute his time accordingly with the task need to be accomplished. A typical day with lots of meeting, decision making as well as the ability and flexibility to respond to the issues immediately. A person who is living the value that he has learnt from his father and practicing it. He owns a business which touches people lives and works towards to empower the society as well.

Team Members strengths:
Amber Agarwal:  He has great potential to make plans into actions.
Manu Malhotra: Great Listener.  

No comments:

Post a Comment