Friday 29 July 2011

Yash Dogra_BLP054_First_Meet_With_Mentor


The meeting was scheduled for 11:00 am Friday with my mentor Mrs. Archana Kumar, HR Head of Ireo - The Big Multiplier. I was very much excited and for the first time in life, I started for a meeting at time. But near Genpect as I turned right on my bike, 3 traffic Policeman ran towards me. As I do not usually wear helmet and my bike is having Mumbai No. plate, I was sure why they want to catch me. They took my license and instructed me to go to a big fat police woman sitting nearby who was just looking at "Chalan" register only. In typical Haryanvi accent, asked me "konnsi gaadi hai terrii, kya kiya tanne" Then the Policeman told her that "iska helmet ka to challan banne madam ji". Constantly looking at the Chalan book she issued a On-Spot Chalan of 100 Rs. After submitting the Chalan I started again and reached the destination. The building consists of offices as  Ground and 1st floor- Audi, 2nd Floor- Coca Cola, 3rd floor- Wal-Mart, 4th Floor- Ireo. As I entered Ireo office, I can say it is a building of 22nd century, well architected and designed with two beautiful receptionists in the middle of reception and 7 big screen LEDs on one wall. As my mentor was in meeting, one of the receptionist asked me to wait and sit in reception and called for a coffee. I thought that the first part of day (traffic Chalan) went bad but now that is being compensated here in reception. Soon my mentor came out of meeting and I entered the meeting room. For the first time I was meeting a HR of new organisation for interaction and not for Interview and I was loving it. I started interacting and introductions took place from both sides. In the starting she was talking very professionally like a teacher and a usual HR person. I never thought she will ask me that how many subjects you have read in first term, what were the projects and explain what you did in OB. Unexpectedly, I remembered name of all the subjects may be due to 9.3 lacks factor. Then she asked about my aspirations and long discussion continued with my consulting interest. Then a twist came when she said that you should consider HR consulting also as a future and to answer this I was not prepared and for the first time she smiled and explained the importance and demand of hr managers. Then a discussion about Anil sir occurred and guess how she has been selected as a mentor, I came to know that her husband once worked with Anil sir in Eicher. I didn’t felt that it’s more than a hour being in discussion and she is giving me “gyaan” from all over the world. It was really a nice experience to meet such a highly qualified person and who is at such a big position. I wish all of us will have a pleasant time with mentors and I would like to thank SOIL for such a opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. A dramatic start but a good end :) Interesting read though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome compilation and description of the fat policewoman was the best part...

    ReplyDelete