Sunday 16 October 2011

Chinmay Sharma_BLP051_About Myself_Oct’11


The philosophy of the wisest man that ever existed is mainly derived from the act of introspection.
- William Godwin

Looking inside self is probably one of those things that most of us don’t do often and maybe that makes it all the more challenging. But when done, it does wonders. It aligns our actions to our purpose. It builds our focus, develops commitment and drives us.
I tried a similar exercise some days ago and the introspections that resulted are recorded below.

Who am I?
I am a person who likes to create new things, develop and nurture them and watch them grow. It gives me immense satisfaction and motivation to see something, which I contributed in creating, transform into something useful.
Innovation requires knowledge and to gain that I, apart from reading also, like indulging in intelligent conversations about new things or even fresh perspectives for things that I know. This has helped me a lot in assimilating the knowledge that I possess today.
Innovation is the output of challenges. My life has thrown many challenges my way and I am happy that I overcame most of them. I have now begun to love challenges and thrive on them to learn more everyday.

What am I here for?
My family matters to me the most and I believe that my utmost duty is to make them happy and proud. For this I need to live up to their expectations and lead a life that brings peace and a sense of fulfilment to them and me. Everyday I should be able to look myself in the mirror and be proud of my actions that day.
I also understand my duty to give back to the society and my nation in whatever capacity possible for me. Many years from now when I look back I should be content about the way I have lived my life and the lives I have positively impacted.
My life is all about experiencing new things, exploring new dimensions and conquer challenges that lead to the fulfilment of the goal.

Where am I going?
I am walking the path towards becoming a leader who transforms people around him as he grows. My education and experience have been the steps that will help me in realizing my goal. Everyday of my life I am learning new things and developing as a person.

Why is it important?
I have just one life and to make it count, in every way possible and in a way that makes people remember me, is my duty. My life should be meaningful to as many people as possible and in my quest for happiness I should impact many lives and spread the happiness.

How will I leverage my abilities to reach this goal?
I as a person love to build relationships and value them. Through all these relationships I seek to learn and spread happiness. I have an eagerness to learn and explore more everyday of my life and I believe these abilities will help me a lot in pursuing my purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment