Friday 14 October 2011

Amber_Agarwal_BLP057_Oct11





Who Am I?
I am an individual who strongly believes in fairness. I like to stand against anything that I consider is unfair and hence I have developed a strong sense of equality. It is important that as humans we are fair to everyone around us, be it humans or Animals.
Since childhood, something that I have always been identified as is a sportsman. I think I am a true sportsman at heart and hence possess all the characteristics that one would see in a sportsman. I love taking challenges head on and strive till my last breath to come out victorious. I like getting exposed to new things in life a new setting does not make me uncomfortable.  I have always believed that there are more good people than the “not so good ones” and this belief helps me trust people around me. Since I find it easy to trust people I like to delegate work in a team which has proven very fruitful in my professional life so far.
One thing which is very innate to me is striving for efficiency. I like things around me work systematically like a well oiled machine. Any kind of glitch in the functioning of a system catches my eye and I try to make it more efficient.

What am I here for?
Everyone likes to do what they really enjoy. Freedom and independence to do what I want to is my most important need. Over the period I have always succeeded and more importantly have been very happy even when I have failed to get the desired results.  Satisfaction of knowing I did things my way and I failed because of my mistakes has always been more gratifying than simply achieving a positive result and the main reason has been enriching learning experience gained in the process.
I want to be an entrepreneur. That would give be the utmost freedom to be creative and innovative. Being and entrepreneur will let me live my passion and bring my most important need of being independent.

Where Am I Going?
 The last six to eight years have brought a huge change in the way I think. Considering that I want to be an entrepreneur I have experimented with few aspects of business and have gained key lessons from those experiences.  In my journey to be an entrepreneur I will need to find like minded people and also build a right set of network. I think that is where SOIL is such an important stepping stone in my career.
I am looking to start my venture while at SOIL so that I can leverage the experience of my faculty and staff to the best of use.

Why is it Important?
It would give me immense satisfaction to build my company from scratch. I have seen my father build his small business to great heights. At some level it is my deepest desire to be like him and have the courage to do what he did. I think I will have a sense of achievement if I can successfully create a self sustaining business which would have a greater impact on the lives of people in the sporting arena of our country. It is also important because I will have the flexibility to innovate and experiment at my own cost. It is my innate nature to try new things and experiment and hence my own start up will give me that liberty.

How can I leverage who I am to reach where I am going?
I am passionate about sports and development of sports in India. I believe that my dedication and commitment helps me in tirelessly working for a cause and therefore when I am working towards what I really want, nothing will de-motivate me.
I like challenges and doing well under challenging conditions. Becoming a successful entrepreneur is one of the biggest challenges for anyone and I think it will always be a driving force for me to continue carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment