Sunday 9 October 2011

Abhishek Kumar_BLP038_Consulting_Skills_5&6_Oct'11

"Who am I?" -- In pursuit of happiness...

I started writing my last blog on self-leadership with a question - "Do I know I?" with no thoughts ever in mind that there are many more questions that are needed to be answered in order to attract the DNA of happiness.

Most people think finding your life purpose means doing something you truly love. It's an area that just seems natural to you and things just seem to fall into place. But what if things aren't so clear for you? What if you're not sure what your gifts are? What if you haven't discovered any particular talent that makes you think it could be your true calling in life? Or what if you're working somewhere and you're good at it, but you just don't feel fulfilled? Is this all there is for you?

To simplify above questions..I can come down to answering the 5 most simple questions of one's life.One should find answers to these below questions whenever he or she thinks that there is a need to change and grow.
1.Who am I?  - (What unique things I possess?)
2.What am I here for? (What is the purpose I am here for?)
3.Where am I going? (Which direction I am going to?)
4.Why is it important? (What values are help me in attaining this purpose and direction?)
5.How can I leverage my uniqueness and strength to reach where I want to?

In my quest of answering above questions,I could realize that inner calling.Being a person with strong family induced values and strong sense of achivement and service,I excercise high self control and am genuine.I consider myself like a "sponge" which absorbs everything that comes,analyse and then leave behind the things that is of less importance.This is a very big indicator of me being open-minded.I also believe in continual self reflection and self analysis.

I always strive for a sense of accomplishment and want to do that bit being a part of this humanity by gaining that self power and belief which can bring change.A wish to gain enough earthly pleasures which gives me confidence to stand among people is not bad.But living consciously and courageously is the other beautiful side of me.

Our purpose comes in the form of our goals, our dreams or our ambitions but we just don't know how to go about achieving them!You may have discovered that knowing your purpose and living it, could possibly create the life you desire, but you have no idea how to even begin to make the plans and take the actions required to make it a reality.Or you may have a vague idea on how to go about finding your purpose, but you're being held back by inner fears, doubts and plain old procrastination. 
 
It doesn't matter what your beliefs are. What matters when it comes to knowing your purpose is knowing which beliefs are holding you back and getting in your way, and which beliefs will work in your favor and help you succeed in living your purpose!
 
We know that our goals, our dreams or our ambitions can put us on the path to discovering and living our purpose.Your purpose doesn't always have to be something that will make you famous. It doesn't always have to be a job or career. It may be something as simple as being at the right place, at the right time to impart information or to lend a helping hand.No moment of life is waste,learn from every moment.So utilize the knowledge and experiences you already have.
 
Eventually,I wish to share that one must live everyday  as a meaningful day in order to develop a character and identity for himself.This will ensure that we don't have any glitches from life and we are able to say "I have lived fully.I have lived, on purpose".


No comments:

Post a Comment