Tuesday 1 May 2012

Suchitra Ravichander_BLP030_About Me_Oct’11


Yet another exciting day, on the path to self discovery, as the captain of our ship Anil sir was leading us through the wonderful voyage of self leadership. We started our journey by first reviewing our previous class learning’s. Soon after that we went on a conference call with Prasad Kaipa, one of Steve jobs close associates (Ex Head of Marketing, Europe Apple). The entire conversation unfolded the other side of the great legends Mr.Steve Jobs. We got astounded to know how Mr.Jobs has been focused on to his vision and how determined he has been in chasing his dreams.  It was so evident from the conversation that it was his focus and determination of which has turned Apple to be what it is right now-the most innovative companies of the world.
As we moved on the path of self discovery, our next port of destination was to identify the uniqueness within ourselves and the sense of purpose and direction in our life.   We were asked to make a presentation to the entire class sharing our vision and purpose in life, by providing answers to the below 5 questions.
Though it was in initially difficult to find out answers for these questions, as I moved on I realized that the answer to these questions evolved much easily with a bit of self reflection and introspection. The most challenging question, was –“ Who am I?” | It took a while for me to answer this question as I pondered over my bigger purpose in life. I discovered that I am an ambitious person with enthusiasm & quest for continuous learning. I am a person who believes in living life with values reflected through my strength of character.
The next 2 question which I was supposed to answer was “Why am I here” & “Where was I going”. These were relatively easier to answer. I am here to chase my dream of becoming a true inspired leader in all dimensions of life, to shape my personality & character by reinforcing the values which I possess in every moment of my life. I am moving upward in this journey of chasing my dreams and goals. I am currently travelling in a direction which is giving me plenty of experiences unveiling the true strengths residing within me.
The answers to the question 2 & 3 made it simple, to answer the next subsequent question on “Why it is important to know the purpose of my life?” It is important because preserves my values & character in an unblemished way. The purpose and direction is also important as it brings within me, the self realization as to where I am currently and what I need to do to reach the next level.
The last question about - “how I can leverage my strengths to reach my goal?“ made me to think about my strengths of passion, commitment, resilience that could help me to succeed further in achieving my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment